Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Midterm

For this assignment, I chose to use the UVA Rotunda logo and in it, incorporate popular Charlottesville/Crozet restaurants. Overall, I like it, but the logo I used was not the best quality and there were a lot of outcast pixels that I wish I could have cleaned up and made the image look more clean. If I had more time to work on it, I would definitely fix that.

For the splash, I followed the tutorial, adding different splashes around my object to make it look as realistic as possible. At first, I followed the tutorial for the background too, but I didn't think it looked realistic enough. I played around with a bunch of different images until I found on that worked well. After changing the splash to match the ocean using a color filter and the color replacement brush, I selected the part of the pineapple that would be underwater and lowered the opacity. I also selected the ocean and lowered the opacity on that too to make the pineapple look like it was actually underwater. Overall, I liked how this turned out, although it was a struggle to get it to look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment