Friday, January 11, 2013

"To Save One Life is to Save The World" - Holocaust Project

For this project we had to capture the theme of "To Save One Life is to Save The World." I knew I wanted to incorporate newspapers from the Holocaust and pictures. I decided to use the word "Heroes" and have pictures of heroes in the word. There is a picture of American Soldiers, the Big Three, an injured soldier, a child with his parents, and FDR. I chose these because I feel that in some way all of these people had done something to save someone's life and therefore- saved the world. I then also added an American Flag to the background and blended it with the newspapers to give it a subtle background that embodied America's involvement in the Holocaust. To finish it off, I emphasized the theme by adding the quote at the bottom in a simple font. I really liked how this turned off. I think it is fairly simple, yet it highlights that tragedy and embodies the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment