Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shadows!

 For this assignment, we had to take a chair, cover it with strips of an image and then make a shadow for the chair. For the first chair, I used strips of an abstract image, dodged the center and burned the edges to create a more realistic chair and made a shadow with the light source coming from the left. I then skewed the shadow to make it more realistic. For the second chair, I used strips of one of my own works dodged the back and outside of one arm and burned the edges and inside of the other arm. I imagined light coming from the right and cast a shadow below the chair. I struggled on the first chair, making the shadow because I couldn't get it to look right, but I think the final product turned out okay. I really like the second chair I did though.

No comments:

Post a Comment