Friday, January 20, 2012

Midterm

For our midterm, we had to create a collage of images and apply different effects we've learned throughout the year. I chose to use just two images that I took in photography that are both leaves. I really liked the colors in these images and wanted to base my collage off of them. I duplicated them and put them in a checkered form, leaving a blank in each row. I think the blanks really break it up and make the whole image less overwhelming. I chose to make the background a more intense blue from one of my pictures with a less intense orange brush stroke from the leaves to tie everything together. Then I just applied different tools to different images. At first, it was really overwhelming because I couldn't find the image I would want to apply an effect to. Overall, I really like the colors of the image and the uniqueness  the effects add to the whole image.

1 comment: