Friday, April 19, 2013

Incorporating Drawings into Photographs

For this image, I chose a landscape image that I had taken in Florida. Then, I chose a picture of my friends holding hands while ice skating. I selected them and placed them into the landscape. I simply drew a ballon and placed it into Ashley's hand to make it look like the ballon was about to pull them up into the sky.  

This image took a lot more time. I chose a picture I had taken in New York of the Empire State Building. I then selected the area I wanted to turn into a drawing since I am not a talented drawer. I set the foreground color to gray and the background to white and then went to the filter gallery and chose "photocopy." I played with the detail and darkness until I achieved a sketch-like image. Then, I applied a layer mask and used the lasso tool to roughly select the area I wanted to "tear." Using the smudge tool, I blended the image in with the drawing the make it look like a torn piece of paper. Finally, I added in my hand to make it look like I was holding the drawing in front of the scene. I really like how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment