Monday, November 19, 2012

Book Covers!


Ashley recommended me to do this book for the cover of a book I had never read. She told me that it was about 3 kids who find a horse and want it, but don't have the money to buy it. I found a picture of this white horse and decided to make it the focal point of the cover, but I also wanted to incorporate the kids somehow. So I found an image of three children and made them silhouetted. Then I created a gradient over top to create the effect that they are walking away in the background. To finish it, I put the title in a deep red to give it some color and the authors name. I really like the simplicity of it.


I chose The Last Song as my second book to do a cover of. I knew I wanted to incorporate the beach and music into the cover because I feel like those are two key things of the book. I decided to have the letters be the beach so it wasn't the whole cover. I added a drop shadow just to define the text a little more and make it stand out. I also chose to incorporate sea turtles because they kind of symbolize the novel. Finally, I added old looking sheet music as the background and faded it a lot so it wasn't distracting. I really like how this turned out and think it captures the key aspects of the book.

1 comment:

  1. i like the simplicity, too. this fits with current cover trends. nice work! makes me want to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete