Friday, November 18, 2011

Abstract inspired by Marla..


These were two abstract paintings I made on Photoshop after watching My Kid Could Paint That. The first one was actually inspired by one of Marla's painting on her website that had vivid colors in abstract shapes with a black outline around them. I took that idea and made it my own and played with different brushes and the smudge tool. I think using the smudge tool completed the project and made it look a lot more abstract and I really like all the colors in it contrasting with the black. The second one I just kind of made up with no plan in mind. Again, I played with different brushes and used one to make kind of an exploding design coming out of the bottom right corner. I really like the brush strokes of the purple and the overall turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment